Advanced Clinical Communication Workshops
1-day, evidence based communication training for consultants, speciality doctors, final year specialty registrars, GPs and nurses (Band 6 or above).
Advanced Communication Training has been offered in Forth Valley since 2012.
Tuesday 14th November 2017
Wednesday 29th November 2017
Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Registration 9:00AM – 4:15 PM
- Learning Centre, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Refreshments will be provided but participants will require to organise their own lunch.
Examples of workshop topics
- Dealing with anger and denial
- Giving complex information
- Communication with senior colleagues / management
- Managing difficult conversations at the end of life (Advance Care Planning, DNACPR)
- Handling complaints
What previous participants have said:
“One of the most useful training days ever!” (Medical Consultant)
“I gained a great deal of skills and knowledge from it that I will use in my day to day practice” (Senior Nurse)
Costs and Booking
This training is free to NHS Forth Valley and Strathcarron Hospice employees. However places are limited to 10 due to the experiential nature of the workshop.
Please book early by contacting Elizabeth-Ann Bowman on 01324 614387 or through this contact form
About the EC4H workshops in NHS Forth Valley
We use the Effective Communication for Healthcare (EC4H) model of communication training. The workshops are led by a team of experienced facilitators who have all completed EC4H tutor training. The programme will follow a participant-led agenda and will be taught utilising an experiential approach.
EC4H workshops are is endorsed within Forth Valley by:
- The Cancer Board
- The Palliative Care MCN
- Medical Directors
- Postgraduate Director of Medical Education
- Strathcarron Hospice