Advanced communications workshops
Two courses for consultants and specialty doctors in NHS Lanarkshire are now available.
9th January 2013
13th June 2013
This clinical communication course offers participants the opportunity to:
- Review their current practice in relation to communicating with patients, their relatives, colleagues and trainees
- Review their current communication approaches in teaching, supervision, and management roles
- Identify personal learning objectives and develop strategies for addressing these within a supported peer learning group
- Critique and apply relevant literature/ theory on effective communication
- Identify ways of increasing communication effectiveness
- Common topics include breaking bad news, discussing ceilings of care, difficult colleague interactions
Venue:Medical Education Centre Kirklands Hospital Falside Rd Bothwell G71 8BB Contact the Programme Coordinator for further information and booking details.