Anticipatory Care Planning for Babies, Children and Young People
20th November 2019 at
Rachel House, Avenue Road, Kinross, KY13 8FX
9th January 2020
Robin House, 2 Boturich, Balloch, Alexandria G83 8LX
This one-day, advanced communication workshop offers an opportunity for experienced CHAS staff to work in a small peer group on scenarios relating to complex shared decision-making and communication about ACP and CYPADM when a baby, child or young person is deteriorating.
- Communicate sensitively and effectively with children, young people and their families about serious illness, deteriorating health and CYPADM.
- Talk about Anticipatory Care Planning informed by an understanding of ‘what matters’ to individual children and their families.
- Aware of the antenatal, neonatal and children’s ACPs
- Discuss treatment options and outcomes within a person-centred model of shared decision-making and Realistic Medicine.
- Respond to anger, distress, collusion and other complex emotions.
Discuss the benefits and limitations of treatment in a balanced way.
The communication workshop is based on the EC4H Book:
Talking about deteriorating health, dying and ‘what matters’
Workshop participants are asked to think about how they currently communicate and what situations are particularly challenging.
Pre-workshop information is available for participants on our secure website. You will receive a link to and a password to allow you to access more information and resources for your workshop about 2 weeks before the workshop. Occasionally emails end up in spam so please check for this and contact us if you do not receive your login.
We will ask you to complete an online, pre-workshop evaluation – please do this as soon as possible as we use this information to plan your workshop.
Booking – Application Form
- The workshop includes lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments and a copy of the EC4H workshop book.
- You will be informed by email when your application has been received and a place has been booked for you; usually within 14 days.
The EC4H programme in CHAS (Chidlren’s Hospices Across Scotland) offers a number of workshops.
Please contact us for more information or to discuss your training requirements. We can arrange a customised workshop to designed to meet the specific training needs of your department or team.